Important Information for Elearning students
New to eLearning? Check out the GCSC eLearning Guide
For assistance with enrollment/registration or setting up your Canvas Account/Student Email contact the E-Advising Specialist or call (850) 913-3268.
Proctored tests/assignments for your GCSC online classes can be taken free of charge at any one of GCSC Testing Centers (see below for more information on the different campuses) or you may utilize testing software (Respondus Monitor). Respondus Monitor allows you to take proctored exams using a web-camera and a microphone from anywhere. If you choose to take your proctored test(s) at an external (non-GCSC) site, you may be responsible for an additional fee by the proctoring institution.
Students living in Bay County will test in the GCSC Testing Center located on the 3rd floor of the McSpadden Student Union West. You must make an appointment for taking exams using Register Blast at least two business days in advance of the day you would like to test. Final exams must be scheduled at least one week prior to your preferred test day.
Students living in Gulf or Franklin Counties will test at the Gulf/Franklin Center in Port St. Joe. You must contact the Testing Center at least two weeks prior to the first exam date.
NOTE: NON-GCSC CAMPUSES MAY CHARGE A PROCTORING FEE WHICH IS NOT REIMBURSED BY GCSC
OR THE TESTING CENTER.
All students and employees of Gulf Coast State College are entitled to library materials and services regardless of location, course or program delivery method.
- We provide assistance in person, by phone, and online through a variety of formats including chat, email, text, and Library Guides.
- You can access library materials in person at the Panama City campus, view them online, or request they be sent to you. We mail items to students who live and are taking classes outside Bay County and send them to our extended campuses through the campus courier.
If you are taking online classes, you’ll need to register for Canvas, Gulf Coast’s new online learning environment. Canvas is where you will review online course lessons, interact with your professor and classmates, take tests, etc. Learn more about Canvas, including software requirements, how to troubleshoot and other frequently asked questions.
Lighthouse Student Portal
When you applied to Gulf Coast State College, you created an account in Lighthouse, the student portal for the College. Using the Lighthouse student portal, you will be able to register for your classes, check your financial aid status, view your grades and more. Learn about Lighthouse and how to use it.
- Tuition and Fees
- GCSC Financial Aid
- GCSC Bookstore
- Military and Veteran' Services
- Disability Support Services
- Writing and Reading Tutoring
- Math Tutoring
Student Rights and Responsibilities - As a student in an eLearning course, you are obligated to the following responsibilities:
- Always adhere to the Academic Honesty Policy for the course. You are asked to make your own guarantee that the integrity of the course is not compromised.
- Give yourself ample time to study the course material, complete assignments and take any practice tests made available to you. The practice tests have been designed to help you be better prepared for the actual tests.
- Take your tests as scheduled. A large window of opportunity to take tests is provided.
- Ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements for GCSC's Canvas system.
- Begin the test with ample time left. Do not start a test with only 1 or 2 hours before the deadline. Should you happen to get knocked offline or disconnected, there may not be enough time left to complete the test, once you are back online.
- If you need to withdraw from a course you must complete a formal withdrawal form and submit to Enrollment Services before the published deadline. Once the form is submitted, contact your instructor to advise him/her of your withdrawal request.
Student Complaints - Gulf Coast State College (GCSC) supports the student's right to lodge complaints, file grievances and make appeals without fear of adverse action. GCSC has established complaint policies and procedures, which apply to all GCSC students on all campuses as well as our eLearning students. Information on procedures for filing academic appeals or grievances is provided in the GCSC Student Handbook.
State Authorization - Due to U.S. Department of Education regulations, Gulf Coast State College requires all students who are registered in an eLearning course to provide an active and valid mailing address in the state of Florida. If you do not have an active and valid mailing address in Florida, you will be dropped from the online course in which you are enrolled.