Testing Site Options
Gulf Coast State College Students Testing at GULF/FRANKLIN, NORTH BAY, or TYNDALL AIR FORCE BASE
If you are a Gulf Coast State College Student who is testing at one of Gulf Coast State College's satellite campuses (Gulf/ Franklin Center, North Bay Campus or Tyndall Air Force Base Education Center) you must contact both the Gulf Coast State College Testing Center and the satellite campus at least 1 week before your exam date to let us know you will be testing at the satellite campus.
Note: If you will be testing at the satellite campus throughout the semester, you need to contact the Gulf Coast State College Testing Center only once at the beginning of each semester to request that your exams be sent to the satellite campus throughout the semester. However, you will need to contact the satellite campus before each exam to set up an exam appointment.
Contact information for the Gulf Coast State college Testing Center and the Gulf Coast State College Satellite campuses is provided below. Note: Email is the preferred method of communication
Gulf Coast State College Testing Center
firstname.lastname@example.org 850 769-1551 ext. 5807
email@example.com 850 873-3594
firstname.lastname@example.org 850 769-1551 ext. 5502
email@example.com 850 769-1551 ext. 5502
firstname.lastname@example.org 850 769-1551 ext. 5506
North Bay Campus
email@example.com 850 769-1551 ext. 5602
Tyndall Air Force Base Education Center
firstname.lastname@example.org 850 769-1551 ext. 2910
Gulf Coast State College Students Testing Outside Bay County at a Non-Gulf Coast State College Location
If you are a Gulf Coast State College student who is testing outside Bay county at a non-Gulf Coast State College location, you must arrange for off-campus proctoring well in advance of your testing date. You must first locate an acceptable off-campus proctor.
Who is an acceptable off-campus proctor?
An acceptable off-campus proctor is a responsible individual who
- is not a relative, spouse/partner, friend, neighbor, coach, co-worker/business associate, direct supervisor or resident in your household
- has a work email address that ends in .gov, .mil, .org or .edu
- has access to a computer at the exam location (if your exams are online).
Examples of acceptable proctors include:
- a faculty member or an educational administrator at a regionally accredited college or university
- a state-certified elementary or high school superintendent, principal, teacher, counselor, or school librarian
- an active member of the clergy
- for students in the military: any commissioned or non-commissioned officer of higher rank than the student; an education services officer or testing personnel at a military education center; a base clergy member; or a base librarian
- professional testing centers ( Note: The following resource may be useful in helping you locate a professional testing center: NCTA ).
Exams must be proctored at the proctor's work location and cannot be proctored at a private residence or business.
What do I do after I locate an acceptable proctor?
Once you have found an acceptable off-campus proctor, fill out and submit the off campus proctor request form. We then we will send the second part of the form to your selected proctor and we will notify you via email when the proctor is approved or if there are any issues with the proctor you've selected.
Do I need to submit an off campus proctor request form each time I take an exam off-campus?
You need to submit the off campus proctor request form only once during each semester unless you must change your off-campus proctor. Note: You will need to submit a new off-campus proctor request form each semester even if your off-campus proctor does not change from semester to semester.
Is there an off-campus proctoring fee?
Non-Gulf Coast State College proctors may charge a proctoring fee, which is not reimbursed by Gulf Coast State College or the Testing Center. Please contact your selected off-campus proctor for information about possible fees.