Student Assistant Information
General Information about working on campuS
- Check out current Student Employment job postings!
- What types of jobs are available? Most positions are clerical and customer service oriented. There are several positions available that offer opportunities to tutor both college and elementary (K-5) level students. An attempt is made to match your major of study with a related department but it is not guaranteed.
- On-campus work program open to any student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Flexible work hours
- Up to 20 hours per week
- All positions are paid at current minimum wage rate one time each month
- The Student Assistant/Work Study Application is available online:
The application will be forwarded to either:
- Work-study Placement: FWS administrator in the Financial Aid Department
- Student Assistant Placement: Kim Hoyt, Cooperative Education Coordinator, located
in ATC Room 150-A
- Qualifying students may be selected to interview with hiring department who will review their application or employment eligibility
- The department supervisor is responsible for the final hiring decision
- If offered a position, the student will need to complete the GCSC "Student Employment Packet" and Work Authorization Form
- These documents will be provided to the student either by the department supervisor, the Financial Aid Office or Kim Hoyt
- Once you are hired, your supervisor will discuss your duties, work schedule and start date
For more information, contact Ms. Hoyt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 769-1551, ext. 3874. You can also stop by my office located in Student Union East (SUE) Office 39.