GCSC & CMT present free Courtney Cole concert
Rising CMT artist Courtney Cole will bring her unique musical style to the Gulf Coast area on July 16 for a free concert. The concert is presented by Gulf Coast State College and CMT’s Empowering Education initiative, which aims to inspire viewers to further their education.
Cole’s recent single hit # 1 on Taste of Country's Top 10 Countdown, and she opened for Miranda Lambert on the 2015 ‘Roadside Bars and Pink Guitars Tour’. Cole said “I’m excited to partner with CMT on their Empowering Education initiative. Music and education are a powerful combination. Having the opportunity to meet students and hear their stories is something I am looking forward to!”
Gulf Coast will host the event in the gym on the Panama City Campus. The evening’s activities will begin at 5:30PM with a resource fair where visitors will learn about programs that support students at the college and chat with their representatives. Academic advisors, financial aid specialists and admissions staff, and others, will be in attendance. The concert will begin at 6:30 PM and feature an opening performance by local artist Will Thompson prior to Cole.
Tickets to the concert are free and can be reserved online at tinyurl.com/CMTconcert. Beginning July 6, they will also be available for pick up at the following locations:
- GCSC Panama City Campus, Welcome Center, at 5320 W. Highway 98
- GCSC Gulf/Franklin Campus, Port St. Joe, at 3800 Garrison Ave.
- CareerSource, Panama City, at 625 Highway 231
- WPAP/iHeart Radio, Panama City, at 1834 Lisenby Ave.
- Bay County Chamber of Commerce, Panama City, at 235 West 5th Street
- Panama City Beach Chamber of Commerce, PCB, at 309 Richard Jackson Blvd., Suite 101
- Gulf County Chamber of Commerce, Port St. Joe, at 308 Reid Ave.
- Gulf County Library, Port St. Joe, at 110 Library Dr.
- Franklin’s Promise Center, Apalachicola, at 192 14th St.
For more information on the CMT initiative, visit www.cmtempoweringeducation.com or follow along on Twitter using #CMTEmpoweringEducation.