The Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965 is a federal law which authorizes student aid programs. Reauthorizations of this act prescribe disclosure requirements for institutions wishing to participate in the federal student aid program. As a prospective student, enrolled student, prospective employee, or actual employee of Gulf Coast State College, you have a right to consumer and safety information. The following notifications will briefly describe consumer and safety information as well as designate where to obtain further detail, e.g. the exact electronic address at which the information is posted. Paper copies of this information will be provided upon request.
Report on Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data
- The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) requires co-educational institutions of postsecondary education that participate in a Title IV, federal student financial assistance program, and have an intercollegiate athletic program, to prepare an annual report to the Department of Education on athletic participation, staffing, and revenues and expenses, by men's and women's teams. Information and data about revenues and expenses attributed to an institution's intercollegiate athletic activities can be found in the Annual EADA Report.
- GCSC's EADA may be viewed online at http://ope.ed.gov/athletics
- Schools that offer athletically-related financial aid must produce an annual report that includes completion and graduation information. Such reports must be provided to prospective student athletes, their parents, high school coach and guidance counselor. GCSC's completion and graduation rate reports for student athletes, i.e. "Commodore Athletic Academic Report Cards" may be viewed online at http://www.gcathletics.com/archives/default.htm
GCSC's completion and graduation rate reports for student athletes and EADA may also be obtained in-person by contacting:Roonie Scovel
Athletic Director, Wellness & Athletics & Head Women's Basketball Coach
Phone: (850) 769-1551 ext. 3532
- College Information
Information About the School’s Academic Programs, Costs, Facilities & Policies
Academic Programs -
- Current degree programs and other educational and training programs may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/academics/
- Information on instructional, laboratory, and other physical facilities that relate to academic programs may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/campus-locations/
- Information about GCSC's faculty and other instructional personnel may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/faculty
- Information about plans by GCSC to improve academic programs may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/institutional-effectiveness/
Descriptions of the written arrangements GCSC has entered into may be found at:
School costs -
- Information on fees & expenses charged to full-time and part-time students may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/tuition-fees
- Estimates of costs for necessary books & supplies, room & board and transportation may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/understanding-your-award.html
Withdrawal procedures, refunds, and return of aid -
- Information on GCSC refund policy may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/tuition-fees
Information on the requirements for treatment of Title IV (federal financial aid) funds when a student withdraws may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/return-to-title-iv.html
Information on the requirements and procedures for official withdrawing from GCSC may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/catalog/current/academic-regulations-information/
Information on requesting a class withdrawal after a published deadline may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/forms/request-withdrawal.html
Accreditation and licensure -
- Information about the names of associations, agencies, or governmental bodies that accredit, approve, or license GCSC and its programs may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/discover/accreditation/
- Students may review GCSC's accreditation, approval, or licensing documentation by contacting the office of Academic Affairs & Learning Support.
- Information about who to contact for various student issues may be found online at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/current-students/resolution-issues.html
Information about filing a complaint against Gulf Coast State College with the following organizations may be found online at:
- Submitting a complaint to Gulf Coast State College http://www.gulfcoast.edu/catalog/current/academic-regulations-information/
- Submitting a complaint to GCSC's state approval entity, The Florida College System (FCS) http://www.fldoe.org/schools/higher-ed/fl-college-system/about-us/complaints.stml
- Submitting a complaint to GCSC's accreditor, The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) http://www.sacscoc.org/FAQsanswers.asp
- Information on the services and facilities available to students with disabilities, including intellectual disabilities, may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/current-students/disability-support-services/
Transfer of credit policies -
- Information on established criteria that GCSC uses regarding the transfer of credit earned at another institution may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/catalog/current/academic-regulations-information/
Textbook information may be found at:
The most recent Library Annual Report may be found online at:
- Information regarding penalties and institutional policies on copyright infringement can be found in Manual of Policy 5.047 online at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/discover/documents/manual-of-policy.pdf
Disseminating Completion, Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates
- Requests for completion, graduation and transfer-out-rate information should be sent to email@example.com
Retention, Placement, & post-graduate study information -
- Information on retention, placement and post-graduate study may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/institutional-effectiveness/data-reports/
Student Persistence Rules / Placement Rate of Vocational Completers
- Information regarding graduation rates and placement are available as required by the Student Right to Know Act (Public Law 101-542) in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness on the Panama City Campus.
- A list of postsecondary schools with which GCSC has established an articulation agreement may be found at http://www.fldoe.org/schools/higher-ed/fl-college-system/postsecondary-articulation.stml
Economic Security Report (ESR)
- The ESR, which can be found online at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/right_to_know aims to furnish students, parents, and other interested parties with additional information about the employment, earnings, and continuing education outcomes of Florida College System graduates by institution and major program of study.
Teacher Preparation Data
- Title II Teacher Preparation Data may be found online at https://title2.ed.gov/Public/Home.aspx
U.S. Department of Education (ED) College Navigator Website
- Gulf Coast State College's IPEDS ID is 134343
- Information about how to obtain institutional data according to the US Department of Education's (ED) College Navigator website can be found online at https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=gulf+coast+state+college&s=all&id=134343
U.S. Department of Education (ED) College Scorecard Website
- Information about GCSC can be found online at https://collegescorecard.ed.gov
- Employee Information
Drug & Alcohol Abuse Program
Information on GCSC's Drug & Alcohol Abuse Program can be obtained in-person by contacting:Dr. Melissa Lavender
Vice President, Student Affairs
Phone: (850) 769-1551 ext, 3211
Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- Information about GCSC's drug-free workplace policy may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/discover/documents/manual-of-policy.pdf
- Financial Information
Financial Assistance Available to Students
- Gulf Coast State College's federal Office of Postsecondary Education ID (OPE-ID) is 001490-00
- Gulf Coast State College's state Post-Secondary Institution code (PSI) is 032
- Gulf Coast State College's 9-digit Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 59-1208155
- Gulf Coast State College's 9-digit DUNS number is 026280982
- Gulf Coast State College's "Net Price Calculator", which allows prospective students to enter information about themselves to find out what students like them paid to attend the institution in the previous year (after taking grants and scholarship aid into account) may be found online at www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/net-price-calculator/
- The procedures and forms by which students apply for assistance can be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/
- Student financial aid eligibility requirements, the criteria for selecting recipients from the group of eligible applicants, the criteria for determining the amount of a student's award and the criteria for continued eligibility under each financial aid program can be found at:
- Satisfactory Academic Progress standards that a student must meet to receive federal financial aid and the criteria by which those who have failed to maintain SAP may re-establish aid eligibility may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/satisfactory-academic-progress.html
- The method by which financial assistance disbursements will be made to students and the frequency of those disbursements may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/understanding-your-award.html
- The way GCSC provides for Pell-eligible students to obtain or purchase required books and supplies by the seventh day of a payment period and how students may opt out may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/understanding-your-award.html
- Entrance & Exit counseling information, the terms of any loan received by students as part of their financial assistance package, a sample loan repayment schedule and the necessity for repaying loans may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/loans/
- The general conditions and terms applicable to any employment provided to students as part of their financial assistance package may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/work-study.html
- GCSC does not have a preferred lender list/arrangement for private/alternative loans
- A student's enrollment in a program of study abroad approved for credit by GCSC may be considered enrollment at GCSC for the purpose of applying for assistance under the Federal Student Aid programs. Please contact the financial aid office by visiting http://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/ for further details.
- GCSC does not participate in the federal government's Perkins loan or TEACH grant programs
- Availability and eligibility for grant assistance programs in the state of Florida
may be found online at http://www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/SSFAD
Information on how to contact the Federal Student Aid (FSA) Ombudsman's Office
FSA Ombudsman Group
P.O. Box 1843
Monticello, KY 42633
Student Loan Practices Code of Conduct
- Information about GCSC's student loan practices & code of conduct policy may be found online at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/discover/documents/manual-of-policy.pdf
- Gainful Employment Programs
- Regulations published in the Federal Register on October 29, 2010 [75 FR 66665 and FR 66832] by the U.S. Department of Education require postsecondary institutions that participate in the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended, to disclose to prospective students certain information about the institution’s Gainful Employment (GE) Programs. "Gainful Employment" refers to non-degree educational programs at public institutions that are eligible for federal student aid because they prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.
General information on "Gainful Employment" programs may be found online at:
- Information regarding Gulf Coast State College's "Gainful Employment" programs may be found online at www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/gainful-employment/
- Safety Information
Reports on Campus Security
- Institutions of higher education are required to release campus crime statistics and security policies. GCSC's annual reports containing information and data about campus security may be found online at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/campus-life/campus-safety/clery-act.html
Crime logs cab be obtained in-person by contacting:David Thomasee
Director, Campus Safety & Security
Administration - President's Office
Phone: (850) 769-1551 ext. 3582
Emergency Response & Evacuation
Depending on the specific situation, the emergency response of both those on GCSC campus and those responding to the campus may differ. The links on this page are intended to give you a basic guideline of what to do. As always, stay calm and be aware of your surroundings in the event that the unfolding situation requires you to adjust your normal response to the incident taking place.
When it is safe to return to your building, classrooms, or vehicles, the “ALL CLEAR” will be given by designated personnel. Do not leave the designated safety areas unless instructed to do so as this could create another potentially dangerous situation for you and for others.
Visit http://www.gulfcoast.edu/campus-life/campus-safety/emergency-response.html and the following webpages for more information.
Timely Warning & Emergency Notification
- In the event of an emergency that would affect any of GCSC’s campuses, emergency notification alerts would be sent as soon as possible with information on the type of emergency and suggested safety steps to be taken. In some rare occasions, the notification may be delayed in being delivered if the delivery of that notification would increase the risk of harm to the students, visitors, faculty, and staff.
- Please visit http://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/information-technology-services/text-alert.html to sign up for GCSC alerts
- Please visit http://www.gulfcoast.edu/campus-life/campus-safety/emergency-notification.html for more information.
Sexual Assault Prevention
- Haven - Understanding Sexual Assault™ - training can be completed online at https://webssl.gulfcoast.edu/EverFi
- The Florida Department of Law Enforcement's "Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators" search page https://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/homepage.do
Code of Conduct
- Information about GCSC's code of conduct may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/current-students/code-conduct/index.html
- Student Information
- Student resource information may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/current-students/
Privacy of Student Records and the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy act (FERPA) is a federal law which affords prospective and enrolled students the right to protect the privacy of their records.
- GCSC’s FERPA information may be found online on the FERPA webpage at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/admissions/admissions/ferpa.html
- Further privacy information may be found online at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/privacy-policy.html
Information can also be obtained in-person by contacting:Sharon Todd
Dean of Enrollment Services
Administration - Enrollment Services
Phone: (850) 769-1551 ext. 3891
New Student Orientation
Resolution of Student Issues
Information on procedures for the resolution of various student issues can be obtained in-person by contacting:Dr. Melissa Lavender
Vice President, Student Affairs
Phone: (850) 769-1551 ext, 3211
Availability of Employees for Information Dissemination Purposes
- The Enrollment Services office is available on a full-time basis to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining information on GCSC, graduation rates and completion rates.
- The Financial Aid office is available on a full-time basis to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining information on financial assistance.
- The office of Campus Safety & Security is available on a full-time basis to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining information on security policies and crime statistics.
Drug-Free Campus Policy
- Information on GCSC's Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program may be found online at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/student-affairs/drug-alcohol.html
- Information about GCSC's drug-free campus policy (MOP 6.105) may be found at http://www.gulfcoast.edu/discover/documents/manual-of-policy.pdf
- Information on GCSC's voter registration efforts may be found at https://gulfcoast.turbovote.org/register