What's New in IT
Find out what we're doing in the IT department.
- Virtual Desktop Computer Labs
421 VDI stations have been deployed to computer labs across campus.
Key features are:
- Smaller Footprint
- Less power
- All applications run from the server
- Faster image refresh
- Nothing stored locally
- Pay4Print move to PaperCut
Pay4Print (OCS) replacement which was at end-of-life
- New user-friendly Web Portal so students can add funds from anywhere (https://papercut.gulfcoast.edu/user)
- Students will be able to web print in the library
- Improved lifecycle management of equipment
Classrooms are complete. Offices in process now are Facilities, Wellness, Social Sciences, Visual and Performing Arts, Gulf/Franklin Campus, and Tyndall AFB.
- New Voicemail System
Call Pilot is going away
- End of support
- Single unit with no redundancy
The Avaya Linx voicemail will be installed in September
- One at EOC
- One on PC campus
- Technical Support Walkup Window
Technical Support Window – Ask Questions Regarding CANVAS, Lighthouse, myGCSC, and More…
- GCSC Students can access our Technical Support team directly to resolve issues or ask questions.
- GCSC Employees can get assistance from our Technical Support team with Gulf Coast equipment.
- Banner 9 Update
- Banner 8 support ends December 31, 2018 (This year!)
- Banner 9 Admin Forms are live in Production and is coexisting with Banner 8 INB until October 1, 2018 (this year!). Banner 8 INB will be turned off October 1, 2018 (This year!).
- Banner 9 Employee Self Service App will replace Banner 8 SSB (Lighthouse) Employee tab. Currently in a Test environment.
- Banner 9 Student Self Service App will replace Banner 8 SSB (Lighthouse) Student tab. Currently in a Test environment.
- Program Roadmaps for A.A. Transfer Tracks
- Students and advisors can plan their academic path until graduation
- Fulltime and Part-time roadmaps are provided
- A.S. program roadmaps are coming soon
- New GCSCNet (Employee Intranet)
- New look
- Updated content
- Uses Office 365 technology