What's New in IT
Find out what we're doing in the IT department.
- Virtual Desktop Computer Labs
421 VDI stations have been deployed to computer labs across campus.
Key features are:
- Smaller Footprint
- Less power
- All applications run from the server
- Faster image refresh
- Nothing stored locally
- Pay4Print move to PaperCut
Pay4Print (OCS) replacement which was at end-of-life
- New user-friendly Web Portal so students can add funds from anywhere (https://papercut.gulfcoast.edu/user)
- Students will be able to web print in the library
- Improved lifecycle management of equipment
Classrooms are complete. Offices in process now are Facilities, Wellness, Social Sciences, Visual and Performing Arts, Gulf/Franklin Campus, and Tyndall AFB.
- New Voicemail System
Call Pilot is going away
- End of support
- Single unit with no redundancy
The Avaya Linx voicemail will be installed in September
- One at EOC
- One on PC campus
- PeopleAdmin SSO was implemented this yearIntegration between PeopleAdmin and Banner is in the planning stage.
- Achieve Advising and Appointments is in Production for a pilot groupIt will be rolled-out to other areas early next year.
- Banner 9 Update
- Banner 9 Student Dashboard, Student Profile, Registration, Financial Aid Self-Service and Employee Self-Service are live in Production.
- Banner 9 Accounts Receivable will replace Banner 8 SSB (Lighthouse) Student Account. Currently in a Test environment.
- Banner 9 Finance will replace Banner 8 SSB (Lighthouse) Finance Tab. We will begin implementation next year.
- PeopleAdmin SSO was implemented this year. Integration between PeopleAdmin and Banner is in the planning stage.
- Achieve Advising and Appointments is in Production for a pilot group. It will be rolled-out to other areas early next year.
- WWW.GULFCOAST.EDU GETS A FACELIFT
- New look
- Easier to find information
- Enhanced Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- NEW WEBSITE FOR WWW.GCATHLETICS.COM
- New updated look and feel
- Easier to find schedules, stats and news