GCSC Distance Learning STUDENTS TESTING Off-Campus
An acceptable off-campus proctor is a responsible individual who
- is not a relative, spouse/partner, friend, neighbor, coach, co-worker/business associate, direct supervisor or resident in your household
- has a work email address that ends in .gov, .mil, .org or .edu
- has access to a computer at the exam location (if your exams are online) and has the ability to digital scan and return all testing materials.
Examples of acceptable proctors include:
- a faculty member or an educational administrator at a regionally accredited college or university
- a state-certified elementary or high school superintendent, principal, teacher, counselor, or school librarian
- an active member of the clergy
- for students in the military: any commissioned or non-commissioned officer of higher rank than the student; an education services officer or testing personnel at a military education center; a base clergy member; or a base librarian
- professional testing centers ( Note: The following resource may be useful in helping you locate a professional testing center: NCTA ).
Exams must be proctored at the proctor's work location and cannot be proctored at a private residence or business.
What do I do after I locate an acceptable proctor?
Once you have found an acceptable off-campus proctor, fill out and submit the Off-Campus Proctored Exam Request form. We will then send a Off-Campus Proctored Agreement form to your selected proctor and we will notify you via email when the proctor is approved or if there are any issues with the proctor you've selected. If your proctor does not fill out and return the Off-Campus Proctor Agreement form to the Testing Center, it can jeopardize your ability to test. Therefore, it is your responsibility for your selected proctor to fill out and communicate with the Testing Center in a timely fashion, not the Testing Center.
Do I need to submit an off campus proctor request form each time I take an exam off-campus?
No. You need to submit the Off-Campus Proctored Exam Request form only once during each semester unless you must change your off-campus proctor. Note: You will need to submit a new off-campus proctor request form each semester even if your off-campus proctor does not change from semester to semester.
Is there an off-campus proctoring fee?
Non-Gulf Coast State College proctors may charge a proctoring fee which is not reimbursed by Gulf Coast State College or the Testing Center. Please contact your selected off-campus proctor for information about possible fees.
Jody Walton, Testing Assistant: email@example.com or 850-769-1551 ext. 5807
Lisa Burson, Testing Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-769-1551 ext. 3533
Pat Strayer, Sr. Administrative Assistant for Gulf-Franklin Campus
850 769-1551 ext. 5502
Gretta Preston, Coordinator email@example.com
850 769-1551 ext. 2910