Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC)
What are the program requirements?
You can earn this credential with eleven (11) credit hours in the program of study. You must:
- Be at least 18 years of age upon entry into the program and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to pass a thorough background clearance by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). You will be required to pay a fee for the cost of the background check.
- Document at least 480 hours of direct supervision of children in the birth to 5 age range, with a minimum of 120 hours of direct supervision (of the 480 hour total) having been conducted during your enrollment in the program.
- Compile an Early Childhood Portfolio that includes an autobiography, competency statements, a resource collection as validation of teacher core competencies, and successfully complete an on-site teaching observation validating competency in FCCPC functional areas and goals. The on-site teaching observation must be in a GCSC service district (Bay, Gulf, or Franklin Counties), unless prior approval has been granted by the program coordinator and course instructor.
|EEC1701, Child Development||4|
|+EEC2240, Social Studies and Creative Expression For Young Children||3|
|+#EEC1319, Portfolio Development and Supervised Work Experience||4|
TOTAL DEGREE HOURS
• General Education Core.
+ Prerequisites and/or corequisites required. See course descriptions.
# Applies to A.S. degree and certificate programs.
= PSAV course.
* Minimum grade of "C" required.
Option A: Traditional 8-week semester format
Option B: Fast-Track Option
Option A – FCCPC is offered in a traditional 8-week semester format, with weekly online modules and two face-to-face coaching sessions. Coaching sessions are designed to provide students with individualized academic support, at specific times during the semester.
Option B – FCCPC is delivered as an online “Fast-Track Option,” allowing students to complete modules at an accelerated pace, meeting individual time requirements (self-paced). The “Fast-Track Option” requires that you notify the instructor that you wish to complete the FCCPC in this manner. Both the student and the instructor, together, develop a course completion plan, with timelines for submitting assignments.
Both FCCPC Options A and B satisfy:
- FCCPC and National CDA requirement of 120 hours of formal education within specific competency standards, using your own Student Portal,
- the development of required Early Childhood Professional Portfolio,
- the required On-Site Observation completed by a certified CDA/FCCPC Observer, and
- access to dedicated academic support and individualized career guidance.
- Both Options A and B can be completed fully online, but includes a face-to-face teaching observation in EEC1319.
CONTACT AN ECE ADVISOR
Social Sciences, Room 214