Welcome Letter to new GCSC Students
On behalf of the Diversity and Inclusion Affairs Committee, we welcome you to Gulf Coast State College. We are very happy you are here and hope you join us in the near future as an attendee or a supporter. We are proud to have offered timely and exciting presentations for students, faculty and staff and hope to expand this important dialogue on our campus. One can define diversity as the traits and characteristics that make people unique while inclusion more often refers to behaviors and norms that help people feel welcome and valued.
Here are some examples of the presentations we have offered in the recent past:
- Racial Justice in America
- Multiculturalism at GCSC
- Homelessness in Bay County
- Understanding PTSD and PTSD treatment
- Gender Identity - LGBTQ
- COVID-19: Impact on Hispanic/Latino Community in the USA
- Political Views In America
- Creativity and Self-knowledge
- Delving into Disabilities - Student Accessibility Resources
- Diversity and Inclusion Valuing Engagement (DIVE) program
You can find the schedule for diversity and inclusion talks for this semester at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/current-students/diversity-services/committee.html
Also, visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/GCSCDIVE/
We look forward to getting to know you and hope that you are interested in the work we are doing. If you would like to know more about the Committee and our activities, please contact the Committee co-chairs Akiko Nakamura (Associate Professor at Natural Science) at email@example.com and Ryan Hubbard (Assistant Professor at Social Sciences) at firstname.lastname@example.org.