Gulf Coast State College offers Federal Work Study, Florida Work Experience Program, and Student Assistant student-employment programs.
FEDERAL WORK-STUDY (FWS) PROGRAM
FWS is a need-based, federally funded employment program that allows students to earn
money through on-campus or off-campus employment to help with educational expenses.
GCSC typically receives over $100,000 of FWS funding each aid year so students have
a better chance at becoming a student employee if they submit a FAFSA!
More information on FWS may be found online at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/work-study
FLORIDA WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAM (FWEP)
FWEP is a need-based, state funded employment program providing eligible Florida students work experiences to complement and reinforce their educational and career goals.
More information on FWEP may be found online at https://www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org/PDF/factsheets/FWEP.pdf
STUDENT ASSISTANT (SA)
SA is a non-need-based, institutionally funded employment program providing on-campus opportunities for students working towards their academic goals. These on-campus jobs can offer an opportunity to gain work experience as well as provide a flexible schedule to accommodate your course work.
Those wishing to become student employees are encouraged to:
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by visiting https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- Review open student employment positions by visiting https://www.gulfcoast.edu/student-employment/available-positions.html
- Submit a student employment application
- Interview, if contacted by a supervisor
- Complete Human Resources on-boarding, if hired by a supervisor
- For questions regarding the Student Employment program, please email us at FA@GULFCOAST.EDU or call 850-872-3845
NEW! Student employees submit time sheets online using Lighthouse! A student employment web time entry instruction will be provided for step-by-step details.