The Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965 is a federal law which authorizes student aid programs. Reauthorizations of this act prescribe disclosure requirements for institutions wishing to participate in the federal student aid program. You have a right to consumer and safety information as a prospective student, enrolled student, prospective employee, or actual employee of Gulf Coast State College. The following notifications will briefly describe consumer and safety information as well as designate where to obtain further detail, e.g. the exact electronic address at which the information is posted. Paper copies of this information will be provided upon request.
Report on Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data
- The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) requires co-educational institutions of postsecondary education that participate in a Title IV, federal student financial assistance program, and have an intercollegiate athletic program, to prepare an annual report to the Department of Education on athletic participation, staffing, and revenues and expenses, by men's and women's teams. Information and data about revenues and expenses attributed to an institution's intercollegiate athletic activities can be found in the Annual EADA Report.
- GCSC's EADA may be viewed online at https://ope.ed.gov/athletics
- Schools that offer athletically-related financial aid must produce an annual report that includes completion and graduation information. Such reports must be provided to prospective student athletes, their parents, high school coach and guidance counselor. GCSC's completion and graduation rate reports for student athletes, i.e. "Commodore Athletic Academic Report Cards" may be viewed online at http://www.gcathletics.com/archives/default.htm and you can also visit https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/documents-forms/1920/athlete-completion-and-graduation-rates-2019.pdf, https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/documents-forms/2021/athlete-completion-and-graduation-rates-2020.pdf, & https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/documents-forms/2122/athlete-completion-and-graduation-rates-2021.pdf.
GCSC's completion and graduation rate reports for student athletes and EADA may also be obtained in-person by contacting:Michael Kandler
- College Information
Information About the School’s Academic Programs, Costs, Facilities & Policies
Academic Programs -
- Current degree programs and other educational and training programs may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/academics/
- Information on instructional, laboratory, and other physical facilities that relate to academic programs may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/campus-locations/
- Information about GCSC's faculty and other instructional personnel may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/faculty
- Information about plans by GCSC to improve academic programs may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/institutional-effectiveness/
Descriptions of the written arrangements GCSC has entered into may be found at:
School costs -
- Information on fees & expenses charged to full-time and part-time students may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/tuition-fees
- Estimates of costs for necessary books & supplies, room & board and transportation may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/understanding-your-award.html
Withdrawal procedures, refunds, and return of aid -
- Information on GCSC refund policy may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/tuition-fees
Information on the requirements for treatment of Title IV (federal financial aid) funds when a student withdraws may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/return-to-title-iv.html
Information on the requirements and procedures for official withdrawing from GCSC may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/catalog/current/academic-regulations-information/
Information on requesting a class withdrawal after a published deadline may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/forms/request-withdrawal.html
Accreditation and licensure -
- Information about the names of associations, agencies, or governmental bodies that accredit, approve, or license GCSC and its programs may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/discover/accreditation/
- Students may review GCSC's accreditation, approval, or licensing documentation by contacting the office of Academic Affairs & Learning Support.
- Information about who to contact for various student issues may be found online at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/current-students/resolution-issues.html
Information about filing a complaint against Gulf Coast State College with the following organizations may be found online at:
- Submitting a complaint to Gulf Coast State College https://www.gulfcoast.edu/catalog/current/academic-regulations-information/
- Submitting a complaint to GCSC's state approval entity, The Florida College System (FCS) http://www.fldoe.org/schools/higher-ed/fl-college-system/about-us/complaints.stml
- Submitting a complaint to GCSC's accreditor, The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) http://sacscoc.org/about-sacscoc/faqs/
- Submitting a complaint via email to The U.S. Department of Education (ED) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting a complaint to the Department of Defense (DOD) regarding Tuition Assistance or My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) http://www.militaryonesource.mil/education-and-employment/higher-education-for-service-members?content_id=287986
- Submitting a complaint to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) regarding the G.I. Bill http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/feedback.asp
- Submitting a complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) regarding private/alternative student loans https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint
- Information on the services and facilities available to students with disabilities, including intellectual disabilities, may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/current-students/student-accessibility-resources
Transfer of credit policies -
- Information on established criteria that GCSC uses regarding the transfer of credit earned at another institution may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/catalog/current/academic-regulations-information/
Textbook information may be found at:
The most recent Library Annual Report may be found online at:
- The Library's Annual Reports can be found online at https://guides.gulfcoast.edu/effectiveness
- Information regarding penalties and institutional policies on copyright infringement can be found in Manual of Policy 5.047 online at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/discover/documents/manual-of-policy.pdf
Disseminating Completion, Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates
- Requests for completion, graduation and transfer-out-rate information should be sent to Institutional Effectiveness staff and their contact information can be found online at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/institutional-effectiveness/staff.html
Retention, Placement, & post-graduate study information -
- Information on retention, placement and post-graduate study may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/institutional-effectiveness/data-reports/
Student Persistence Rules / Placement Rate of Vocational Completers
- Information regarding graduation rates and placement are available as required by the Student Right to Know Act (Public Law 101-542) in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness on the Panama City Campus.
- A list of postsecondary schools with which GCSC has established an articulation agreement may be found at http://www.fldoe.org/schools/higher-ed/fl-college-system/postsecondary-articulation.stml
Economic Security Report (ESR)
- The ESR, which can be found online at http://www.fldoe.org/schools/higher-ed/fl-college-system/data-reports aims to furnish students, parents, and other interested parties with additional information about the employment, earnings, and continuing education outcomes of Florida College System graduates by institution and major program of study.
Teacher Preparation Data
- Title II Teacher Preparation Data may be found online at https://title2.ed.gov/Public/Home.aspx
U.S. Department of Education (ED) College Navigator Website
- Gulf Coast State College's IPEDS ID is 134343
- Information about how to obtain institutional data according to the US Department of Education's (ED) College Navigator website can be found online at https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=gulf+coast+state+college&s=all&id=134343
U.S. Department of Education (ED) College Scorecard Website
- Information about GCSC can be found online at https://collegescorecard.ed.gov
- Employee Information
Drug & Alcohol Abuse Program
Information on GCSC's Drug & Alcohol Abuse Program, which is reviewed and updated every even year, can be found online at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/student-affairs/drug-alcohol.html or can be obtained in-person by contacting:Lloyd Harris
Dean, Student Engagement
Phone: (850) 769-1551 ext, 3211
Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- Information about GCSC's drug-free workplace policy may be found online at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/discover/documents/manual-of-policy.pdf
- Financial Information
Financial Assistance Available to Students
- Gulf Coast State College's federal Office of Postsecondary Education ID (OPE-ID) is 001490-00
- Gulf Coast State College's state Post-Secondary Institution code (PSI) is 032
- Gulf Coast State College's 9-digit Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 59-1208155
- Gulf Coast State College's 9-digit DUNS number is 026280982
- Gulf Coast State College's "Net Price Calculator", which allows prospective students to enter information about themselves to find out what students like them paid to attend the institution in the previous year (after taking grants and scholarship aid into account) may be found online at www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/net-price-calculator/
- The procedures and forms by which students apply for assistance can be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/
- Student financial aid eligibility requirements, the criteria for selecting recipients from the group of eligible applicants, the criteria for determining the amount of a student's award and the criteria for continued eligibility under each financial aid program can be found at:
- Satisfactory Academic Progress standards that a student must meet to receive federal financial aid and the criteria by which those who have failed to maintain SAP may re-establish aid eligibility may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/satisfactory-academic-progress.html
- The method by which financial assistance disbursements will be made to students and the frequency of those disbursements may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/understanding-your-award.html
- The way GCSC provides for Pell-eligible students to obtain or purchase required books and supplies by the seventh day of a payment period and how students may opt out may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/understanding-your-award.html
- Entrance & Exit counseling information, the terms of any loan received by students as part of their financial assistance package, a sample loan repayment schedule and the necessity for repaying loans may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/loans/
- The general conditions and terms applicable to any employment provided to students as part of their financial assistance package may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/work-study.html
- GCSC does not have a preferred lender list/arrangement for private/alternative loans
- A student's enrollment in a program of study abroad approved for credit by GCSC may be considered enrollment at GCSC for the purpose of applying for assistance under the Federal Student Aid programs. Please contact the financial aid office by visiting https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/ for further details.
- GCSC does not participate in the federal government's Perkins loan or TEACH grant programs
- The contract ("Tier One Arrangement") GCSC has agreed to with BankMobile may be found online at https://www.vibeaccount.com/swc/doc/landing/59z6rov0fngzof8lq8t1 or https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/documents-forms/misc/bank-mobile-contract.pdf
- The number of BankMobile account holders and mean/median fees that these account holders are assessed during the 2019-2020 aid year my be found on line at https://www.vibeaccount.com/swc/doc/landing/59z6rov0fngzof8lq8t1 or https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/documents-forms/1920/bank-mobile-account-fee-data.pdf
- Foreign Sources & Gifts:
- GCSC is not owned or controlled by foreign sources; &
- GCSC does not have any contracts with or gifts from foreign sources that, alone or combined, have a value of $250,000.
- Availability and eligibility for grant assistance programs in the state of Florida
may be found online at http://www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/SSFAD
Information on how to contact the Federal Student Aid (FSA) Ombudsman's Office
FSA Ombudsman Group
P.O. Box 1843
Monticello, KY 42633
Student Loan Practices Code of Conduct
- Information about GCSC's student loan practices & code of conduct policy (6.108) may be found online at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/discover/documents/manual-of-policy.pdf
- Gainful Employment Programs
- Regulations published in the Federal Register on October 29, 2010 [75 FR 66665 and
FR 66832] by the U.S. Department of Education require postsecondary institutions that
participate in the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV
of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended, to disclose to prospective
students certain information about the institution’s Gainful Employment (GE) Programs.
"Gainful Employment" refers to non-degree educational programs at public institutions
that are eligible for federal student aid because they prepare students for gainful
employment in a recognized occupation.
Please note - On July 1st, 2019 GCSC decided to implement an early rescission of GE disclosure and notification requirements, as provided by ED in their June 28, 2019 Electronic Announcement titled "Gainful Employment Electronic Announcement #122 – Early Implementation of the Rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule"
General information on "Gainful Employment" programs may be found online at:
- Information regarding Gulf Coast State College's "Gainful Employment" programs may be found online at www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/gainful-employment/
- Regulations published in the Federal Register on October 29, 2010 [75 FR 66665 and FR 66832] by the U.S. Department of Education require postsecondary institutions that participate in the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended, to disclose to prospective students certain information about the institution’s Gainful Employment (GE) Programs. "Gainful Employment" refers to non-degree educational programs at public institutions that are eligible for federal student aid because they prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.
- Safety Information
Reports on Campus Security
- Institutions of higher education are required to release campus crime statistics and
security policies. GCSC's annual reports containing information and data about campus
security may be found online at:
Crime logs cab be obtained in-person by contacting:David Thomasee
Director of Campus Safety and Criminal Justice Programs
Panama City Campus, Administration Building
Phone: (850) 769-1551 ext. 5613
Associate Director of Campus Safety & Security
Panama City Campus, Administration Building
Phone: (850) 769-1551 ext. 3582
Emergency Response & Evacuation
Depending on the specific situation, the emergency response of both those on GCSC campus and those responding to the campus may differ. The links on this page are intended to give you a basic guideline of what to do. As always, stay calm and be aware of your surroundings in the event that the unfolding situation requires you to adjust your normal response to the incident taking place.
When it is safe to return to your building, classrooms, or vehicles, the “ALL CLEAR” will be given by designated personnel. Do not leave the designated safety areas unless instructed to do so as this could create another potentially dangerous situation for you and for others.
Visit https://www.gulfcoast.edu/campus-life/campus-safety/emergency-response.html and the following webpages for more information.
Timely Warning & Emergency Notification
- In the event of an emergency that would affect any of GCSC’s campuses, emergency notification alerts would be sent as soon as possible with information on the type of emergency and suggested safety steps to be taken. In some rare occasions, the notification may be delayed in being delivered if the delivery of that notification would increase the risk of harm to the students, visitors, faculty, and staff.
- Please visit https://www.gulfcoast.edu/campus-life/campus-safety/alert.html to sign up for GCSC alerts
- Please visit https://www.gulfcoast.edu/campus-life/campus-safety/emergency-notification.html for more information.
Sexual Assault Prevention
- Haven - Understanding Sexual Assault™ - training can be completed online at https://webssl.gulfcoast.edu/EverFi
- The Florida Department of Law Enforcement's "Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators" search page https://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/sops/home.jsf
Code of Conduct
- Information about GCSC's code of conduct may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/current-students/code-conduct/index.html
Missing Persons Policy
- Generally, Florida College System institutions are not allowed to provide student housing so GCSC does not have a missing persons policy to disclose.
- Institutions of higher education are required to release campus crime statistics and security policies. GCSC's annual reports containing information and data about campus security may be found online at:
- Student Information
- Student resource information may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/current-students/
Privacy of Student Records and the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy act (FERPA) is a federal law which affords prospective and enrolled students the right to protect the privacy of their records.
- GCSC’s FERPA information may be found online on the FERPA webpage at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/admissions/admissions/ferpa.html
- Further privacy information may be found online at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/privacy-policy.html
Information can also be obtained in-person by contacting:Sharon Todd
Dean of Enrollment Services
Administration - Enrollment Services
Phone: (850) 769-1551 ext. 3891
New Student Orientation
Resolution of Student Issues
Information on procedures for the resolution of various student issues can be obtained in-person by contacting:Lloyd Harris
Dean, Student Engagement
Phone: (850) 769-1551 ext, 3211
Out-of-state distance education students who have completed the internal institutional grievance process and the applicable state grievance process, may appeal non-instructional complaints to the FL-SARA PREDEC Council. For additional information on the complaint process, please visit the FL-SARA Complaint Process page.
Availability of Employees for Information Dissemination Purposes
- The Enrollment Services office is available on a full-time basis to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining information on GCSC, graduation rates and completion rates.
- The Financial Aid office is available on a full-time basis to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining information on financial assistance.
- The office of Campus Safety & Security is available on a full-time basis to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining information on security policies and crime statistics.
Drug-Free Campus Policy
- Information on GCSC's Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program may be found online at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/student-affairs/drug-alcohol.html
- Information about GCSC's drug-free campus policy (MOP 6.105) may be found at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/discover/documents/manual-of-policy.pdf
- Information on GCSC's voter registration efforts may be found at https://gulfcoast.turbovote.org/register