Law Enforcement Academy
- Be at least 19 years of age before ending date of class for which you are applying.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a high school graduate or have successfully completed the General Education Development (GED) program.
- Not have been discharged from Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
- Be of good moral character and NOT have been convicted of any felony or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
- Undergo a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- Submit to and pass a background investigation.
- Pass the Florida Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) for Law Enforcement.
- Apply to G.C.S.C.
- Complete the college admission application.
- Complete the program application.
- Take the Florida Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) for Law Enforcement.
- To register for the CJBAT, go to home.pearsonvue.com to register through Pearson VUE.
- Fees: $39 (non-refundable)
- You MUST bring your driver’s license AND your social security card with you when you come to test; you will not be able to test if you do not have both with you. You must have the actual license and card; no photocopies, pictures, or images on a smartphone. If you do not have your social security card, you will have to request one from the social security office, and it may take 3-6 weeks for you to get the card in the mail.
- To test, you will go to the Student Union West (SUW) Building, 1st floor, Room 80, on the Panama City Campus. The address is 5230 W. Hwy. 98, Panama City, FL 32401. The Testing Center can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred contact method) and at 850-769-1551 ext. 3594.
- Apply to the Academy
- Background check
- Physical examination
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- DD 214 if prior military
To get an application, schedule information or more information about Law Enforcement
Officer careers or training, contact:
Daryl White, Jr.
850.769.1551 ext 5613
800.311.3685 ext 5613