Veteran Services

Post 9/11 GI Bill

WWII Veteran creates program for Post-9/11 Purple Heart recipients

The Post 9/11 GI Bill is an education benefit program for individuals who served on active duty September 10, 2001. You may be eligible if you served at least 90 aggregate days on active duty after September 10, 2001, or were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability after serving 30 continuous days following September 10, 2001. For more information visit

Montgomery GI Bill

The Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) is available to those who enlist in the U.S. Armed Forces. There are two main programs:

Survivors and Dependents Education Assistance

There are two main GI Bill programs offering education assistance to survivors and dependents of Veterans: 

Vocational Rehabilitation

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (VRC) and Employment Coordinators (EC) are ready to help Veterans and Service members who have service-connected disabilities and an employment barrier/handicap find suitable careers. Your VRC will provide vocational counseling, refer you to appropriate opportunities and services specific to your needs, and help you reach your employment goals. More information can be found at


Primary Link for veteran benefits:

VA Deferment/Certification Request -  This form is used to request a deferment and certification to the Department of Veteran Services for the use of your education benefit.  Deferments will be processed in the order they are received; please ensure you check your GCSC email account following submission in the event we need to contact you regarding class applicability, etc.  Click on the following link: GCSC Military Veteran Deferment/Certification Request

Military/Vet Out of State Waiver -  This form is used to request an out of state waiver.  This form is used to waive the out of state fees while a student utilizing VA education benefits, or an honorably discharged veteran establishes residency within the State of Florida.  Click on the following link:  GCSC Military/Veteran Out of State Waiver

VA - Claims for Veterans Pension Benefits, Application for Education benefits and Burial benefits are submitted online through

Additional links:

Department of Veterans Affairs - Veteran’s educational assistance programs are the responsibility of the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs. The VA issues regulations, makes eligibility determinations and defray beneficiary payments. The toll free number to the VA Regional Processing Office in Muskogee, OK is 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). This number will connect the caller to the VA Education Information Line where counselors should be able to provide additional information concerning benefits eligibility, payment status, etc. The VA website is

Ebenefits – For members with a current ebenefit account, this site allows you to review your benefits. Note, much of this may soon migrate into

Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) - Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses.

Thanks a Million Emergency Fund Application: - This application is available to active duty military, veteran, spouse and dependent students currently attending and enrolled in at least 3 credit hours with GCSC.  The Thanks A Million emergency fund is available to students who are experiencing a fiscal challenge that will impede their ability to attend class.  Contact for more information.

VA - Claims for Veterans Pension Benefits, Application for Education benefits and Burial benefits are submitted online through

Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) - GI Bill, Chapter 30 users must verify their status monthly either online:

Request for Military transcript
Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard -
Air Force