Students can receive assistance with logging on or navigating Lighthouse, Canvas, Respondus, Zoom, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
New students or those who have never taken an online class in the Canvas LMS are encouraged to take Canvas 101. It’s a brief, self-paced course that introduces you to Canvas and the features you’ll rely on for online learning, such as how to view and submit assignments and check your grades.For resources and information about Canvas, visit the Canvas Student Guide. A variety of 24/7 Canvas help options with Canvas support agents are available, including chat, phone support hotline, and a support ticket system. Just click the Help button at the bottom of the left-hand menu inside Canvas.
- Math Tutoring
The Math Lab offers free tutoring in developmental mathematics up through Calculus I, including Math for Liberal Arts, Statistics, and Health Math. We encourage you to come to do your math homework in the lab so you can ask questions as you practice the material.
- Writing and Reading Tutoring
The Writing and Reading Lab provides free tutoring in Developmental English and reading courses, and we're also happy to provide tutoring if you're seeking assistance with French, Spanish, English, grammar, punctuation, mechanics, essay development, reading comprehension, organization of ideas and MLA, APA, and Chicago-style formatting.
- Accounting and Microcomputer Applications Lab
The accounting and microcomputer applications lab is located in the Advanced Technology Center, Room 225 and offers free tutoring to students in accounting, economics, and CGS1570 classes. Students are encouraged to come do their homework or projects in the lab so they can ask questions while they do their work.
Register for classes through Lighthouse, the student portal. You can access this from the GCSC website "MyGCSC" links. Using the Lighthouse student portal, you will be able to register for your classes, check your financial aid status, view your grades, and more. Learn about Lighthouse and how to use it.
- Click the My Student Dashboard Tile
- Under Registration - Select Lighthouse
- Choose to Register for Classes
- Select Your Role - "Student" and Click OK to Proceed
- Click the Dropdown Menu to Choose the Correct Term and Select CONTINUE
- Search for Classes by Entering Course Information and Selecting SEARCH
- When You Find the Right Course - Click ADD and Repeat the Search Until Your Schedule is Complete
- Review Your Schedule and Click SUBMIT
- To Check/Pay Your Bill - Click My Student Profile and Locate Check/Pay Bill on the Left Side of the Screen
- Follow the Online Instructions for Payment Options