International Student Employment Application Process
To hire an international student to work on campus the following steps must be taken by the student and the GCSC staff/faculty.
Go to Student Employment or gulfcoast.edu/student-employment/ to fill out the form.
Select the Student Assistant (SA) tab on the page.
Students should complete and submit a Student Employment Application.
- You will be required to use your MYGCSC sign-on info to access the online form.
After you have been offered a position on campus, request an official letter from your Supervisor. The letter must be on official GCSC letterhead with the following information:
- Student name
- Supervisor name
- Work hours
- Start date. (You will not officially be able to start work until you receive an Employment Authorization Card (EOC) from the Social Security Number Administration.) See below —Step 6.
Bring the official letter to the Designated School Official (DSO) or the Principle School Official (PSO) who work with International Students,. They are located in the Enrollment Services office in the Enrollment Services building on the Bay side of the campus, next to the Library building.
- An official letter to upload to the hiring request form that you will give to Human Resources.
- Also take this letter to the Social Security Administration office to obtain your
temporary Social Security Number/EOC card.
- Call -800-772-1213 or go online at www.ssa.gov, to make an appointment with the Social Security Administration office. They do NOT take walk-ins.
After receiving your EOC card, take it to the DSO or PSO in Enrollment Services. See above —Step 5.
You will receive a USCIS I-9 form to take to the Human Resources office for uploading to the hiring request form.
The Financial Aid office will let you know when you can begin working.