HOW TO APPLY
Applying for financial aid begins with submitting a Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid.
Para solicitar ayuda federal para estudiantes, debes someter la FAFSA (Solicitud Gratuita de Ayuda Federal para Estudiantes) vía la página web https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid.
- 1. Gather Documents to Apply
The FAFSA will ask for information about you and potentially about your parent(s). Please visit https://studentaid.gov/apply-for-aid/fafsa/filling-out/dependency for information on whether you'll need to provide parental information on your FAFSA.
Depending on your circumstances (for instance, when you filed taxes or what tax form you used), you might need the following information or documents as you fill out the FAFSA:
- Social Security number(s)
- Your driver’s license number, if you have one
- Your Alien Registration number, if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Federal tax information, including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married) and for your parents
if you are a dependent student:
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and 1099(s)
- Foreign tax return and/or
- Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or Palau
- Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans noneducation benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
- Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
- 2. Obtain Your FSA ID
While you are not required to have an FSA ID to complete and submit a FAFSA on the Web application, it is the fastest way to sign your application and have it processed.
Visit https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/sign-in/landing to obtain a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID (i.e. username and password) for you [and your parent(s) if you're dependent].
- 3. Log in to FAFSA & Apply
Log in to https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa to start or renew your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa#deadlines for information on FAFSA deadlines
- Visit hhttps://studentaid.gov/apply-for-aid/fafsa/filling-out for information on filling out your FAFSA
- Be sure to add GCSC's school code (001490)
- Contact the financial aid office if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment to obtain FAFSA assistance
- Be sure to submit your FAFSA after e-signing
- Print out the FAFSA confirmation page that appears after submitting your FAFSA and retain for your records
- 4. Apply for Admission to Gulf Coast State College & Register for Classes
Apply for admission to Gulf Coast State College.
- Be sure to select a degree/certificate that is eligible for Federal Student Aid
Register for classes by following the steps outlined at https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/documents-forms/misc/registering-for-classes.pdf.
- 5. Check your GCSC Student Email & My Student Dashboard
Regularly monitor your Gulf Coast State College student email (...@my.gulfcoast.edu) and your My Student Dashboard account by visiting https://mygcsc.gulfcoast.edu
- Important updates, notifications, and Financial Aid correspondence will be sent to your official Gulf Coast State College student email address
- Requirements needed to review and process your Financial Aid will be posted to your My Student Dashboard account
- 6. Re-submit a new FAFSA once every year
When a Student is Attending College When a Student Can Submit a FAFSA What FAFSA needs to be submitted? Which Year's Income/
Tax Information is Required
Fall 2020, Spring 2021, or Summer 2021 semesters October 1, 2019 to June 30, 2021 2020-2021 Fall 2021, Spring 2022, or Summer 2022 semesters From October 1st, 2020 till June 30th, 2022 2021-2022 Fall 2022, Spring 2023, or Summer 2023 semesters From October 1st, 2021 till June 30th, 2023 2022-2023